“If you subscribe to the view that inflation is rising, you’ll also I think come to the conclusion that interest rates are going to lift sooner than the central banks are forecasting.”
Kristian Rehder (Portfolio Manager at Kardinia Capital) talks to Jodie Saw (Account Director at Bennelong Funds Management) about where the team is seeing opportunity and risk in an inflationary environment.
- 0:33 – How the drivers of inflation could be seen almost a year ago, and the snowballing effect on sectors such as hospitality
- 3:10 – The outlook for interest rates, and why weakness in residential credit will likely be offset by growth in the business lending market
- 6:15 – Why Kardinia is currently so positive on the banks, as well as the resource sector (particularly green commodities)
- 9:38 – The areas in which the team is currently more cautious, and why it’s been a tough time for shorters
- 11:22 – Allocating Kardinia’s fund in a portfolio: Australian equities or alternatives?
The content contained in this audio represents the opinions of the speakers. The speakers may hold either long or short positions in securities of various companies discussed in the audio. This commentary in no way constitutes a solicitation of business or investment advice. It is intended solely as an avenue for the speakers to express their personal views on investing and for the entertainment of the listener.