“We’re very optimistic on the outlook for the Australian economy. Encouragingly, consumers and businesses are looking through the lockdown, and there are a number of examples of this.”
Kristian Rehder (Portfolio Manager at Kardinia Capital) talks to Holly Old (Account Director at Bennelong Funds Management) about the outlook for the Australian economy as vaccination rates increase and the country starts to take steps out of lockdown.
- 1:14 – The latest on vaccination rates and supply
- 4:32 – Why the spending shift away from services (to consumer goods) could be starting to reverse
- 6:49 – Why Kardinia sees reopening stocks as a long-term thematic (despite the uncertainty of the Delta variant)
- 8:21 – A brighter outlook for the travel industry at last
- 11:21 – Stock story on one of the more fishy holdings in Kardinia’s portfolio
- 13:58 – Kardinia’s view on the economic outlook, including interest rates and government balance sheets